This past week I have been drawn to some amazing devotions/articles by some amazing Godly women. I found the below very inspiring & convicting. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
does wearing buttons bring pride?
July 22nd, 2010 | Posted by Cathe Laurie
Does wearing buttons bring pride? Are certain colors “worldly”? Is dressing dowdy a sign of spirituality? Should a woman wear pants? If we issued a uniform standard established by a certain generation, maybe then we could be assured that we are virtuous dressers. Just think—in some parts of the world it’s the men who wear tunics and women wear the trousers!
In a very old book called The Christian’s Daily Walk (written in the 1600’s) I read some great wisdom on dressing yourself as “one that becometh godliness.”
These are some brief things to ponder when you are getting dressed.
- What is suitable to your special calling?
- What is consistent with health and beauty?
- Don’t be overly long in deciding what to wear.
- Don’t dress to attract undue attention.
- Be frugal, modest.
- Follow the example of those of your rank and means.
- Ask yourself how you want to appear before the eyes of the Savior.
Styles and customs change over time but some things don’t change! Principles of humility and modesty are timeless.