Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Titus 2 Tuesday

BE YOUR HUSBANDS FRIEND....



Go with him to the store or on errands, etc., and offer to go with him if he doesn't ask.  Don't expect him to respond "yes", it may take time to get used to the idea again.

Spend time with him.  Watch television with him; go with him when he plays ball etc. If he invites you to participate in his hobbies, do so.

Plan a night out with him; plan a day doing something he enjoys. (Go to the car show, air museum, fishing, etc.  Try to make it extra special.)

Get up and have breakfast with him.

Set a pretty table for him.

Keep a clean home for him.

When he goes out of town, or hiking, hunting, etc. send him off with a kiss, a good attitude and something special tucked in his gear.  Show him home is wonderful to come home to! (And prove it to him when he does come home)

Make a "coupon jar" filled with creative things you'll do for him. ("Good for one car wash", "...one 15 minute back rub", etc.)


Hope this encourages You


Amanda

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful post!!!! Amen my husband would love all these things, I need to work on them. Thanks for the encouragement.

Cindi said...

Just wanted to let you know I needed this today. With two little boys running around on top of being a working mom, my husband seems to come in last place. I don't reserve the energy for him as often as I should. What great suggestions and reminders to do that. :)

Kathy said...

So encouraging and helpful...thanks for reminding me of little things I can do that would mean a lot to my husband!

Mrs. Settles said...

With the hustle and bustle of everyday life and homeschooling two kids-I can sometimes forget to give the hubby special attention.

Thanks for the reminder and stopping by Spirit, Mind and Body. I'm following you too now via Google.

Blessings,
Marcia

Jessi @ Make Your Marx at Home said...

Love these reminders! Great post girl!

Katie said...

love these suggestions! what good ways to make your husband feel appreciated!

Lisa said...

Excellent reminders, Amanda. :) Have a blessed Resurrection Day week-end!

Lora said...

great ideas, amanda! :)